[Scilab-users] linearly spaced vector

fujimoto2005 fujimoto2005 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 14:57:14 CEST 2015

Hello,

Let me explain why I want to get exact values.
There is the following line in my script.
x_i=find(x1==0.12)
I suppose  it returns 3 but actually it fails to return 3 due to the error.
So I modified that line into
x_i=find(abs(x1-0.12)<10^-10)
This work well only when x1 contains a single value near 0.12.
But sometimes x1 contains 0.15 and 0.15000000002 depending on the way of
generation of  x1.
(The example  of the topic is a simple version of the more complex actual
script.)
In this situation 'find(abs(x1-0.12)<10^-10)' returns two values and my
script doesn't  work.

This is why I want to exact values.

Can I get exact value by using  (MPScilab, MPAT, Xnum,...)?

Best regards

 fails to return 3.