[Scilab-users] animation of multiple plots

grivet grivet at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Sep 16 17:37:30 CEST 2015

>> Subsidiary question to Antoine. I know how to set the delay (-delay
>> nn or -set delay nn), but how can I find out its value for an
>> existing animation ?
>
> C'est loin d'être optimum, mais en ouvrant l'animation gif dans Gimp,
> les différentes trames apparaissent comme des calques (Ctrl+L pour les
> voir) avec le délai d'affichage de chaque trame indiqué à côté du calque.
> Il doit y avoir des outils plus adaptés (
> http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/ ?).
>
> Antoine
Here is how to do it with ImageMagick (from the page
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/anim_basics/#study,
which I should have read long ago). This command line statement (under Win7)

             identify -format "  %T" myfile.gif

will print the delay (in hundredths of seconds) between each frame of
myfile.gif.
Simple !
Cheers,
JP Grivet