[Scilab-users] captions too long

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Sep 20 15:49:09 CEST 2015

Hello,
Le 20/09/2015 11:14, Da Feng a écrit :
> Hi:
>   I'm using plot() and find that if the caption is too long, then part
> of it can't be seen. If I resize the figure and turn off auto_resize,
> then part of the captions is still not drawn. But if I turn on
> auto_resize, then the figure enlarges, and the captions is still too
> long. What should I do?
shorten the caption, as using a reference as caption and give its full
text elsewhere, or reduce its font size.

For a certain plot, there will always be a length for its caption that
will require more space than the plot itself. So, you have to chose what
should take most place: the plot or its caption.
This is why one couldn't advice you to decrease the margins sizes.

HTH
Samuel