[Scilab-users] multiple element by element between large matrix and vector

David Chèze david.cheze at cea.fr
Sun Sep 27 12:53:37 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I was wondering what are the possibilities to do a product element by
element between a matrix A (m rows ,n columns)and a vector (let say column
vector v (m elements) ): I want each element of each column of A to be
multiplied by each element of v at the same row. What I'm using for now is a
product by a diagonal matrix based on v. For large matrix in data
manipulation (typ. 100000 rows), it's necessary to use sparse to allocate
better the diag matrix otherwise it's out of memory for usual machine.
So i'm using --> diag(sparse(v)) * A

Have you best practise to share on this topic ?

Thank you all,

David