[Scilab-users] Reintroducing stacksize on Scilab 6 ? was (Re: multiple element by element between large matrix and vector)

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Sep 28 17:00:44 CEST 2015

Hello Antoine,

Le lundi 28 septembre 2015 à 15:47 +0200, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> Should this be turned into a bug report or a SEP?
> What would make more sense?

Well, this started as a bug report but closed as worksforme as it works
on my machine. For me this behavior change should not be on a SEP as we
are on a major release but should be clearly state in the documentation
(history part).

>From the user perspective, the common `stacksize("max")` does not have
a modified meaning but behaves differently. In my view, this re
-introduction is kind of an "implementation detail" ; the only strong
point is that Scilab 6 has been presented as a Scilab without stack
limitation (and thus without `stacksize`).

> Out of topic, but what about the missing ";" of death ?
> I quite like what Julia is doing by omitting the central part of
> arrays,
> only showing the head and tail:

Seems linked to the `lines` function. Would you open another ML thread
on that topic please ?

--
Clément