[Scilab-users] "Smoothing" very localised discontinuities in curves.

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 07:47:37 CEST 2016

Hi Buk

When data goes zig-zag like that, I'm sometimes successful with a
Bartlett (triangular) smoothing window of only very few points (like 3
points).

// function [out]=bartlett3p(indata) // for smoothing (when plotting)
     // out = indata;
     // if length(indata)>2 then
         // out(2:$-1) = 0.25*indata(1:$-2) + 0.5*indata(2:$-1) +
0.25*indata(3:$);
     // end // Bartlett Window = Triangular window
endfunction

Yes, it will affect your data, probably introduce phase shifts.

Best regards,
Claus