[Scilab-users] "Smoothing" very localised discontinuities in (scilab: to exclusive) curves.

scilab.20.browseruk at xoxy.net scilab.20.browseruk at xoxy.net
Mon Apr 4 13:04:53 CEST 2016

Yes.

C:\Motor>graphRdat T HB1M_Core25_No_Field_No_Epoxy_800Am.rdat
    s = splin( h', b', 'monotone' );
                                    !--error 999
splin: Wrong value for input argument #1: Not (strictly) increasing or +-inf detected.
at line      22 of exec file called by :

Since there are no inf values in the data; that kind of implies that it requires
monotonic input in order to produce monotonic output; which ain't so useful.

That said, I get that same error message whichever variation of the splin() function I try....

Which suggests there's something wrong with my data, but that stupid cos the data is real.
The math has to adapt to the data not the other way around.