[Scilab-users] porting an atom module from 5.5.x?==?utf-8?q? -> 6.0

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Apr 10 02:06:46 CEST 2016

Hi Antoine,

Le 09/04/2016 16:34, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just tried to install in 6.0 an atom module developed by one of my colleagues for 5.5.X,  without success.
Which problem have you met?
> I tough naively that just bumping the version requirement from 5.X wih X>=2 to X.0 with X>=6,  in addition to small fixes in the loader/builder would do it but I was wrong.
> As anyone ported 5.5 modules to 6.0?
Yes, "uman" is available for both versions. It has only a library of
Scilab functions (so-called "macros").
The only difference -- for the binary, that i have created myself and
uploaded as is -- is that each library must be compiled with genlib() of
the given version, because the libraries packaging has changed between 5
and 6.
And that's all. Sources are identical (with small adaptations to 6.0,
avoiding using features that work only with 6.0 such that recursive
extraction ; otherwise, then testing the version and switching the
processing accordingly) .

So, if your module has only Scilab functions, you may just genlib() its
~\macros\ directory and try with the updated library.

If the module has a gateway, i guess that it shall have as well to be
recompiled with the proper compiler(s).

Regards
Samuel