[Scilab-users] scilab 6.0 beta, command line history and freezes

Pierre-Aimé Agnel pierre-aime.agnel at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Apr 29 14:13:12 CEST 2016

Hi,

Basically, Yes :)
The problem with such bug is that it is quite difficult to analyze
properly without a backtrace, and it didn't happen with most system
configurations (besides it "froze" scilab leaving you no choice but to
kill it without having the material to report)

Thanks a bunch for the update.

Le 29/04/2016 08:43, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> The command below requires a sudo on my system:
>> |sudo gdb --pid=$(pidof scilab-bin scilab-cli-bin lt-scilab-bin
>> lt-scilab-cli-bin) --eval-command='thread apply all bt'|
>>
>> This will attach gdb to your stuck scilab, you can then post the back
>> trace and we can analyze where the problem is.
>
> Er, OK, but what are you talking about?
>
> gdb --please-be-nice-give-me-something-called-a-backtrace?
>
> Antoine
> (never used gdb)

Pierre-Aimé Agnel
R&D Projects Manager
Phone:  +33.1.80.77.04.67
Mobile: +33.6.82.49.35.23
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.60
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com