[Scilab-users] Cannot start Xcos

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Aug 16 11:29:19 CEST 2016

Hello Stefan & Claus,

I manage to reproduce the bug in Scilab 5.5.2 but it has been fixed on
the master branch (Scilab 6): Xcos doesn't crash after calls to input().

You may want to port your code to Scilab 6, or as a workaround you can
use other i/o functions
<https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/section_7182261dbbb2bb2293bb9166ba5f1fb3.html>
than input().

Regards,

Paul

On 08/16/2016 12:05 AM, Stefan Du Rietz wrote:
> Thank you, Claus, for confirming. But for me there is no difference
> and if I just enter return, r is a space character:
>
> -->r = input("Reply! ", "s");
> -->mprintf("""%s""\n", r)
> " "
> -->ascii(r)
>  ans  =
>     32.
>
> /Stefan
>

> On 2016-08-15 22:13, Claus Futtrup wrote:
>> Hi Stefan
>>
>> An interesting find ... amazing. If you enter something (not just
>> Return), then xcos opens. If you do not enter anything, then s
>> contains an empty string, and xcos crashes.
>>
>> /Claus
>>
>> On 15-08-2016 20:04, Stefan Du Rietz wrote:
>>> 1. Launch Scilab
>>> 2. Do this
>>> -->input("Press Return!", "s")
>>> -->xcos()
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Stefan

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.68
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com