[Scilab-users] help for RS232 programming

Philipp Mühlmann p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:10:10 CEST 2016

Dear all,

using the "Serial Communication Toolbox" I try to Access a Controller via a
RS232 Interface.

Now, since I am a very beginner in this field I could use some help.

What I do:

h = openserial(1," 9600,n,8,1");

If I look at "h", this is what I get:

h = file15873640

I understand this is a string of a so called Serial port file...so I assume
that a connection is established.

--> What does this mean?
--> How to Display the Content of this file?

Now, once I have connetion established I want to communicate with the
controllr.

Example: I want to send a command with following command structure:

       <address>_<command>_<Parameter>_<value>§

*A_r_120_0

*      = for Synchronisation
A     = address
r      = command for reading
120  = Parameter for actual sensor value

I try:

ret = writeserial(h, " *A_r_120_0 " );

result = readsearial(h);

I get:

ret = 0   // seems to be OK

result = ?????

--> What does this mean?

I use:

Scilab 5.5.1 on Win 7  64bit.

Thank you,
Philipp

--
In Kanada is' ka' na' da. Sonst wär' Kanada Jemanda.

There we have the salad.