[Scilab-users] ?==?utf-8?q? help for RS232 programming

Philipp Mühlmann p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:27:00 CEST 2016

OK,

it seems I need stopbit = 2;  // at leas a working C-code has this setting

so:

 h = openserial(1," 9600,n,8,2");

but with this, I get as a result the command back as a string when I use
"readserial()"

Example:

h = openserial(1," 9600,n,8,2");

ret = writeserial(h, " *A_r_106_0 " );

result = readserial(h);

closeserial(h);

result is:  A_r_106_0 as a string, but I expect it to be the Firmware
Version

so to your questions:

- Are you sure you have set the serial port correctly (delimiter, baud
rate, parity, ...) ?
       -> Yes

- Are you sure your controller is supposed to answer something to this
command ?
       -> Yes

- Is the syntax for passing the arguments correct (separator in particular
that can be nothing, blank or even comma) ?
       -> not 100% sure about that.
       -> here a link to the description of the Controller...chapter 3.12

       http://www.west-l.ru/uploads/tdpdf/ca2010-cable_eng_bro.pdf

- Do you have a command without arguments that returns a known value (like
*IDN? or *SN? that should return a string with the id of the controller) ?
       -> Yes, e.g.: firmeware

- Did you try to connect to your controller using hyperterminal or putty to
see whether the problem comes from Scilab?
        -> I used the C-coded Software for testing and it can connect to
the controler reading and writing values from/on it.

--
In Kanada is' ka' na' da. Sonst wär' Kanada Jemanda.

There we have the salad.