[Scilab-users] Regex problem

Gerhard Kreuzer gerhard.kreuzer at liftoff.at
Fri Aug 26 17:10:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

do some testing:

The difference between the two fils (test data / real data) is the first
byte after the meta data:

The first byte of binary data is 0xFA. When I read in 138 characters, regex
is working. This means, I read until the '#'. Reading one byte more, which
means reading 0xFA also, regex fails.

My test data starting with 0x55 after the '#data#', which works.

So, the problem is the 0xFA byte.

Any idea?

Unfortunately the length of the meta data sections varies and isn't known in
advance, so I need some method to read metadata, easily finding the start of
the binary data. From the Content of the metadata I can calculate the amount
of bytes of the binary data, and after that a new block of meta data starts
and so on.

With best regards

Gerhard