[Scilab-users] hypot

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:39:39 CEST 2016

Hi all

In a text by Michael Baudin about Floating Points in Scilab:
forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/docscifloat/downloads/get/floatingpoint_v0.1.pdf
(David Goldberg is one of his references)

Here the special works of hypothenuses is further supported (page 43-44
onward).

I wonder, does Scilab have the hypot function, similar to Matlab? ...
Googling gives me no hits for Scilab but a page of hits with Matlab. For
example http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren/2008/02/07/why-hypot/

P.S. Sorry for previously posting this question with a different
subject. Stray thoughts were later modified but the subject line didn't
have my attention.

/Claus