[Scilab-users] Influencing the automatic rotation_angles setting in advance

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Dec 10 21:34:18 CET 2016

Le 10/12/2016 21:00, Jens Simon Strom a écrit :
> Hallo Scilab experts,
> During execution of  plot3d, param3d, surf, etc. Scilab
> *automatically* chooses the axes property *rotation_angles*. Is there
> a way to influence this automatic? I do not mean ca=gca();
> ca.rotation_angles=[ang1 ang2].  The setting should be positioned in
> the script***before* the plot command und should be valid for further
> plots.
Jens,

I bet that you will become expert in documentation reading:
Please see the theta and alpha plot3d() options:
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/plot3d.html

Nevertheless, i agree that the present plot3d() behavior is bugged in 2
ways:

 1. if the current axes has already some rotation_angles clearly set to
    a 3D view (= at least one of both azimuth and polar angles not being
    a multiple of 90), plot3d()  should not reset them to some default
    rotation_angles values, but use the current axes without reorienting it.

 2. plot3d() default rotation_angles values should be taken from gda().
    It is presently not the case. There is no reason to use gda() /
    sda() only for 2D plots.

BR