[Scilab-users] colors in console

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Dec 26 18:29:34 CET 2016

Le 26/12/2016 17:41, Viktor Goryainov a écrit :
> I guess the original message was about setting the text color to print
> some specific words and/or numbers (like error messages printed in red
> in Matlab, for example). If this is the case, there was some
> discussion on the mailing list not long ago -- see this link:

Thanks for clarification, if it was actually the original meaning and aims.
Yes, we already answered to this question earlier.

We do not necessarily use Scilab because we have despaired of Matlab ;)
So all Scilabers have not necessarily used Matlab and not necessarily
know its behavior.
I tried colors with its official clone Octave, no more finding a way to
do that.

The first trial to implement this feature have stopped, i guess because
it is not so easy to implement.
If any, the output buffer of the console is also used for the diary().
But the diary() file must
be kept clean of any formating instruction...

If someone has time to go on implementing this feature, yes it would be
useful,
improving Scilab's ergonomy.

Best regards
Samuel