[Scilab-users] mixing normal and math mode in label

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Feb 3 17:07:24 CET 2016

Hello,

Le 03/02/2016 16:30, grivet a écrit :
> Hello,
> How can I insert exponents inside a text label ?
> I tried:   xlabel("frequency (h$^{-1}$)"). This did not work for me
> (Win 7, Scilab 5.5.1):
> the Latex part is not interpreted but reproduced verbatim.
> Thank you for any suggestion
> JP Grivet
.
When you need LaTeX in a string, the whole string must be in LaTeX,
started with "$" from the beginning, and ended with "$" at its complete end.
If you need to mix text and LaTeX as in your example, the text must be
protected for instance in a \mbox{}.
For you example:
xlabel("$\mbox{frequency }(h^{-1})$") // will work

Samuel Gougeon