[Scilab-users] ?= =?utf-8?q? News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Feb 16 11:11:07 CET 2016

Hello,

Le 16/02/2016 08:51, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed the 6.0 beta and tried to install the visa module, without success:
>
> --> atomsInstall('visa')
> atomsInstallList: The package visa is not available.
>
> Any idea what's wrong?
In ATOMS, the flag indicating /Supported Scilab versions/ is set to ">=
5.5":
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/visa/0.9.0
Despite 6.0> 5.5, the flag ">=5.5" excludes Scilab >=6.0

This has been reported here http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13891 and there
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13938 (proposal).
This behavior is apparently intentional, i guess to compel modules
maintainers to review and regenerate specific releases for Scilab >= 6.0
This should deserve to explicitly warn modules maintainers about that.

Le 16/02/2016 08:54, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> Hi again,
>
> I also tried to install 'visa' module in scilab 5.5.0 and it also failed.

If the 0.9.0 release has been compiled for Scilab 6.0 -- has it ? --,
then it can't run under Scilab 5.5

I am afraid that these explanations do not help much.

Regards
Samuel Gougeon