[Scilab-users] What is the future of Scilab?

Alasdair McAndrew amca01 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:21:50 CET 2016

The poor quality of image processing toolboxes is what turned me off Scilab
to GNU Octave, which has a very good imaging toolbox.  Or Python, which
with its various imaging libraries and scientific/numeric libraries is now
a serious competitor for matrix-oriented software like
Matlab/Scilab/Octave.  I've written two image processing textbooks, and at
no time has Scilab ever been a serious contender for their software.

[image: http://www.facebook.com/alasdairmcandrew] [image:
https://twitter.com/amca01] <https://twitter.com/amca01>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/alasdair-mcandrew-108178a>
<https://plus.google.com/+AlasdairMcAndrew/posts>