[Scilab-users] disp(a,b,c) => display a, b, and finally c ; not c, b and then a <= Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Feb 17 14:55:06 CET 2016

Hello Scilab Team,

The impact of the changed []+a is pointed in this thread.

Since an extensive code review will be needed from Scilab 5 to Scilab 6,
some other long standing bugs could be fixed before the final release.
Already,

  * The 1./m trick is fixed (now parsed as 1 ./m rather than 1. / m)):
    Great!
  * The space between the minus sign and the absolute mantissa is
    removed when numbers are displayed in the console: Great!
    Copying/pasting will now be straightforward.
  * ...

But still, for instance, the unconsistent display by disp() inversed wrt
to the order of its parameters is still there. Wouldn't it be the best
moment to correct it as well?
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/5512  http://bugzilla.scilab.org/9463
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13447

The impact of this correction on existing codes would be much less than
for []+a, but would fix a ridiculous behavior met by every user (not
ones of a highly specific Scilab function or feature).

Best regards
Samuel Gougeon