[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 bad performances

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Fri Feb 19 11:05:05 CET 2016

Hello,

I am currently porting a Scilab package (Sysmetab, on the Scilab forge
but not yet Atoms packaged) and I have noticed that Scilab 6 is two
times slower than Scilab 5.5.2. The involved computations are very
diverse but are vectorized products of submatrices, sparse matrix
algebra and sparse linear systems solving. Until now, I did not have
time to make a precise profiling, but knowing in advance which type of
operations/computations have eventually regressed could be of great help
to identify the bottlenecks...

S.

--
Département de Génie Informatique
Université de Technologie de Compiègne -  CS 60319