[Scilab-users] An Image processing toolbox that *works*

antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Tue Jan 12 12:53:14 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

This message is not a rant (but it could).
I am truly looking for an image processing toolbox that works with
current versions of Scilab and a decently modern OS.
I tried every toolbox I've found but without success:

SIVP: requires an outdated version of libtiff that I don't know how to
install on my system.

IPD: does not seem to work properly: ReadImage fails:
     -->IMG=ReadImage('~/Downloads/test.png');
      !--error 4
     Undefined variable: Dimensions
     at line      72 of function ReadImage called by :
     IMG=ReadImage('~/Downloads/test.png');

SIP: not updated since 2011 and out of the atoms package

Others: broken in the atoms package or depending on one of the above
package.

What are you guys using to load into scilab jpg/png/bmp images?

Cheers,

Antoine