[Scilab-users] Problem installing modules manually (atomsInstall)

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Fri Jan 15 15:26:46 CET 2016

Le 01/15/2016 03:16 PM, Lester Anderson a écrit :
> tried atomsSetConfig('Offline','True') with no change in result

That's weird because I found the relevant bit in atomsInstall:
// edit atomsInstall
//lines 221->229
     // Force update the system information
     //
     if from_localarchive then
         if (atomsGetConfig("offLine") == "True" |
atomsGetConfig("offline") == "True") then
             warning(msprintf(gettext("Option offline of ATOMS
configuration is set to True. atomsSystemUpdate did not check the latest
modules availables.")));
         else
             atomsDESCRIPTIONget(%T);
         end
     end

OK, I got it: wrong capitalization: Offline->offline

     atomsSetConfig('offline','True')

does the trick!

Antoine

> As you say Antoine, room for improvement in terms of installing
> offline for sure.
>
> On 15 January 2016 at 13:29, Stéphane Mottelet <stephane.mottelet at utc.fr> wrote:
>> Le 15/01/2016 14:25, Lester Anderson a écrit :
>>> Hello Antoine,
>>>
>>> How does one get a "cached" version of the repository list and where
>>> is it placed?
>>>
>>> -->atomsRepositoryList()
>>>    ans  =
>>>
>>> !http://atoms.scilab.org/5.5  official  !
>>>
>>> -->atomsVersion()
>>>    ans  =
>>>
>>>    5.5
>>>
>>> Is there an option to disable fetching when installing locally,
>>> presumably after one has cached module list.
>>
>> maybe
>>
>> atomsSetConfig offLine True
>>
>> S.
>>

>>> Thanks

>> --
>> Département de Génie Informatique
>> EA 4297 Transformations Intégrées de la Matière Renouvelable
>> Université de Technologie de Compiègne -  CS 60319
>> 60203 Compiègne cedex

  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
  BP 54200