[Scilab-users] How to plot3D with log axis

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:33:06 CET 2016

Hi there

I have a bunch of data which I'm trying to plot in a 3D plot. Background
- it's impedance measurements of a loudspeaker, measured at different
input voltages. I have:

voltage = [0.1 0.4 0.7 1.0];
f = a vector of frequencies (from 1.4 Hz to 20000 Hz ... I have a total
of 27000 data points in this vector)
m = a matrix of magnitude values, dimension matches frequency f and voltage.

The frequency axis should be plotted on a logarithmic plot. Otherwise I
get the strangest looking plot (basically just a dashed line with the
axes - no graphs).

I solved this by plotting:

plot3d(voltage,log10(f),m',alpha=35,theta=45,flag=[2,2,3]);

When I plot a 2D plot, I can simply write something like

a.log_flags  =  "nln";

... But what should I do in a 3D plot ???

Best regards,
Claus