[Scilab-users] Running long term script - suggestion needed

Grzegorz Skiba skiba.g at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:39:56 CEST 2016

Dear Scilab users,

I'm writing script which uses GUI and it receives data from embedded device
via UDP protocol. Script will be used for monitoring and it has to run
continuously for 7-8 days.
I did some test on it and I see that after 24hour test Scilab process
consumes 400MB RAM memory  more and it continuously allocates memory (I use
windows process manager).

My script uses uicontrol and plot control to present data live. It receives
data via UDP (custom DLL function is called) and buffer which holds plot
data is shifted and plotted.

Here is simplified main loop code:

buf_len = 100;
buffer = zeros(1,buf_len);
while 1
        // blocking udp receive call, returns matrix 5x20
        data = udp_recv(5, 20);
        data_size = size(data(:,1));

        // do some buffer shifting

        // put received data to buffer

       // update plot
       a.children.children.data(:,2) = buffer';
end

What can couse continous Scilab process memory allocation? Maybe I should
use globals for buffer and data variable ? Any suggestion on this ?

Thank you, Grzegorz