[Scilab-users] Memory leak (v. 5.5.0)

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Fri Jul 8 19:16:23 CEST 2016

I don't know why, but the attached script makes Scilab gobble up memory
like a bandit.  Granted, I'm running it over and over, but still...

I don't know if this happens with more recent versions.

Run the following, while keeping an eye on memory usage.  Memory is just
sucked up, and not returned until Scilab is terminated.

for n = 1:500; b = makeVector(b, 1e4); end

-->ver
 ans  =

!Scilab Version:
5.5.0.1397209685                                        !
!                                                                                            !
!Operating System:                   Linux
3.16.0-76-generic                                 !
!                                                                                            !
!Java version:
1.7.0_101                                               !
!                                                                                            !
!Java runtime information:           OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build
1.7.0_101-b00)       !
!Java Virtual Machine information:   OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build
24.95-b01, mixed mode)  !
!Vendor specification:               Oracle
Corporation                                      !

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com