[Scilab-users] 2016.06.23 - Worry about the future disappearance of WFILE_f box - Scilab 6.00 branch

Perrichon perrichon.pierre at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 23 12:38:46 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am so disapointed to learn the futre disaspperance of WFILE_f component
for a lot of reasons (Scilab 6.0.0 branch)

1 - Actually, WRITEC_f doen't replace WFILE_f. It seems impossible to obtain
an ASCII file with the proposed format in that box or I don't know how to do
with informations contain in the help dialog.

This brings a serious problem of upward compatibility. ASCII files from
scilab are analyzed with external softwares, and so need reconsideration of
these software witch is not raisonable if WRITEC_f supports only binairy
format.

2 - Replacing WFILE_f by WRITEC_f component asks to re-edit old schemas.
That's not an easy way when branches are numerous.

3 - WRITEC_f doesn't record time. Even if a solution is given in the help,
we keep to be aware that all old shemas must ber re-edit. Adding a clock in
not always easy in heavy schemas and probably a waste of time, so same
problem as 2).

If a vote is still possible and if it is not too late, my opinion would be
to maintain the M WFILE_f component in future releases.

So how to record ASII file with this new feature ?

Sincenrely

Pierre