[Scilab-users] Confusion between Scilab and Scicoslab

Pradeep Pradeep adusumillipradeep201 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:48:08 CET 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name Pradeep Adusumilli. I am a master student at University of
stuttgart. I am looking for a open source control system design tool for my
project. so i have come across this tool called Scilab/Xcos and Scicoslab.
Initially i am very confused between these tools. After i downloaded i came
to know both environments are different but both have same common features.
So i want to clear my confusions with my questions

1) Is Scilab and Scicoslab are the same?

2) i have seen both can implement control designs. As far i checked with
Xcos and Scicos i can see both  can implement conventional PID controller
and state space controllers like LQR, kalman filter etc.Can it implement
other controller like Model predictive controller and Fuzzy controller? If
so can you please provide me some references?

3) I know both can make an interface to C and Fortran coding. My question
is it possible to interface with MATLAB/Simulink.

4) Is it possible to estimate calculation duration in this environment like
in matlab it shows simulation took 0.983 sec of cpu time? because i would
like to know the performance.

Your help means a lot to me. Thanks for your support in advance. Awaiting
your reply.....

Regards,
Pradeep Adusumilli