[Scilab-users] Plot w. part of background in a different color

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:54:25 CET 2016

Hi there

A friend of mine uses Python matplotlib for some graphs and I'd like to
generate similar graphs in Scilab.

I've attached an example of such a plot.

What I'd like to replicate is part of the background shaded in green and
red.

I think the function in Python matplotlib is something like:

axvspan (xmin,xmax,ymin=0,ymax=1,hold=None, **kwargs)

The kwargs are named arguments, for example: facecolor='g',alpha=0.1

Examples here:
http://matplotlib.org/examples/pylab_examples/axhspan_demo.html

http://physicalmodelingwithpython.blogspot.no/2015/08/function-arguments-args-and-kwargs.html

How would I do similar stuff in Scilab? (Searching for vspan and hspan
didn't give any hits).

Best regards,
Claus