[Scilab-users] SciNotes (dis-) colors text

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 16:09:07 CET 2016

Hi there

When I execute a script, I save info to a file, which I then load into
SciNotes. This unfortunately dis-colors the text ... also in the script
that executed - and in other scripts loaded into SciNotes. Black text
becomes red for some odd reason.

Here's some sample code that replicates the error ... at least in my
version of Scilab 5.5.0 it shows the bug:

// test.sce
//
// Purpose - to demonstrate software bug in SciNotes.
//
// When executed, the result is saved to a txt file, which is loaded into
// SciNotes for viewing ... but then the color coding is bad in SciNotes and
// even this test.sce script - much of the text that should be black is red!

clear; // Clear variables
xdel(winsid()); // Clear graphics
clc; // Clear console
scriptpath = get_absolute_file_path("test.sce");
chdir(scriptpath);

outputfile = %t; // Print result (the parameters) to a textfile
name = "test"; // Just the name of the script file

if outputfile then
     outfile = scriptpath + "\" + name + "_out.txt";
     fd = mopen(outfile,'wt');
     mfprintf(fd,"Project name: %s\n",name); // print some header
information
     mclose(fd);
     if (isdef('editor') | (funptr('editor')<>0)) then
editor(outfile);
end
end

Can you replicate this? Does this also create dis-coloration in SciNotes
in your version of Scilab? If you load another (e.g. sce or sci, but in
theory any) file - is text also dis-colored in these files?

BTW, as a rather strange observation - I copied the dis-colored text
into this email - but as you can see, no red text. Even if colors are
copied, it doesn't copy the dis-coloration. It might give the developer
a clue what's going on ...

Best regards,
Claus