[Scilab-users] Do I have the C compiler?

Vittorio Comino vittorio.comino at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 21:08:38 CET 2016

I have Scilab 5.5.2 64 bits in Windows 10 and at the command
"haveacompiler" Scilab answers F.
I have the following compilers installed:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319
Microsoft Visual C++ Compilers 2010 SP1 Standard -x64
Microsoft Visual C++ Compilers 2010 Sp1 Standard - x86.
Are the above compilers  enough for Scilab? Why does Scilab not recognize
them ?
I do not have NET framework 4.

Before I tried to install the compiler by going to the site:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb980924.aspx

as suggested in Scilab wiki at the site:

https://wiki.scilab.org/How can I set up Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010
Express Edition for use with Scilab

But it did not work because when I tried to install the SDK package it
asked for  the .NET4 program and when I then tried to install the .NET4 I
got a message that NET 4 was already installed.
So I am stuck.
I also tried the suggestion at this site:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/95039-why-does-the-sdk-7-1-installation-fail-with-an-installation-failed-message-on-my-windows-system

It did not work.

Can anybody please help me to get a C compiler working in Scilab?
By the way the C compiler should be part of the Scilab installation to
avoid all these problems.
Thanks.