[Scilab-users] openCV and Scilab

Philipp Mühlmann p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 20:43:04 CET 2016

Dear Users,

does anybody is using the OFIP- or its more advanced follower Computer
Vision toolbox?

https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/Computer-Vision

It is aimed to introduce openCV functionality to Scilab via PIMS.

I recently tried to install OIFP, but didn't manage to make it work.

Asking the author for help I was redirected to another, more advanced one,
called:ComputerVision Toolbox.

I could make it work on a XP, 32bit machine using Scialb 5.4.1 but not at a
Win7, 64bit machine using Scilab 5.4.1 or 5.5.1.

Scilab would close automatically when I load the "loader.sce" from the
toolbox...more precide:

It closes somewhere in between the *.start file.

Plus this toolbox can not be loaded through "atomsLoad"...at least it
didn't work for me on my Win7 machine.

I very much would like to use this toolbox, for testing image processing
functions from openCV with Scilab.

Therfore I would like to encourage Scilab to help developing this toolbox.

Overall I think that having a connection from Scilab to openCV can improve
Scilab on a more general point of view.

It might also become a solution for those who can not use the current image
processing toolboxes.

Best regards,
Philipp

--