[Scilab-users] Finding data_bounds

Jens j.s.strom at hslmg.de
Tue Mar 22 11:39:19 CET 2016

Hi,
I want to watch the buildup of subplots in a loop which adds further points
in each passage. To get a calm figure I set estimated data_bounds at the
beginning. At the end I would like to reshape the subplot so that it shows
all data. How can I extract the elements of data_bounds from the graphic
object?
The following minimal code should help to explain my problem.

    xdel();
    figure('BackgroundColor',[1 1 1]);
    f1=gcf();  f1.figure_size=[1000 900];  f1.figure_position = [300,0];

    subplot(2,3,1)//setting estimated plot bounds to maintain during loop
    cafix=gca();
    cafix.data_bounds = 5*[-1,-1;1,1];// estimated values before calculation
    cafix.tight_limits="on";
    cafix.auto_scale="off";

    x=linspace(-5,5,10);//calculate and plot
    for i=1:5
        subplot(2,3,1)
        plot(cafix,x,i*x/2)
        //further calculations and subplots here
        subplot(2,3,1)
        plot(cafix,x,i*x/2,'-o')
        //further calculations and subplots here
        subplot(2,3,1)
        plot(cafix,x,i*x/2,'-+')
    end//for ...
    sleep(2000)
    //Now Scilab knows the extremal values which should become visible too
now if cropped.
    subplot(2,3,1)
    cafix.isoview="on";
    cafix.axes_bounds = [0,0,0.4,0.4];
    cafix.data_bounds = 13*[-1,-1;1,1];//These bounds are set by inspection
    //How can adequate data_bounds be extracted from the graphic object?

Kind regards
Jens