[Scilab-users] gateway compatibility

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed Mar 23 10:44:56 CET 2016

Hello Jasper,

Yes it should be *but* this is not 100% guarantee. We tried to avoid any breakage during the alpha
to beta transition on gateways but preferred to have a better 6.0.0 API on the beta.

The reason of the C_GATEWAY_PROTOTYPE to STACK_GATEWAY_PROTOTYPE conversion is that we intrduced in
November a new C API that will supersede the legacy api_scilab. The idea behind is to remove all the
stack related logic and to have similar performance to the C++ types management. We thus renamed C
to STACK for the legacy API.

NOTE: the api_scilab legacy is still documented and will not be deprecated soon ;)

Regards,

--
Clément