[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.0 Beta 2 - Load/save bug

BBoillot baptiste.boillot at ge.com
Fri Nov 4 15:45:33 CET 2016

Hi Antoine,

Thanks very much.

So I tried saving as SOD file (using the "") in 5.5.2 ans loading in 6.0.0.
It indeed works. That's one thing.

 My problem now is that my lab has been using scilab 5.3.3 for a long time
(too long maybe :) and that SOD file format doesn't seem to exist in that
version. So all of the files exported by our algorithms aren't SOD files...
I was just getting ahead and trying to migrate our algorithms from 5.3.3 to
6.0, everything seems to work (with some minor ajustements) , except loading
ancient files saved under 5.3.3. This, for us, would mean not migrating to
6.0.

Is it possible/hard to implement a load_old() function in Scilab 6 used to
load files created as the ancient 5.3.3 format?

Best regards,

Baptiste