[Scilab-users] {EXT} Re: finding reasonable axis markers for plotting a random data set

Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Mon Nov 14 17:39:28 CET 2016

Hello,

> De : users [mailto:users-bounces at lists.scilab.org] De la part de christophk
> Envoyé : lundi 14 novembre 2016 14:15
>
> Or perhaps I'm not getting your idea

No, you're right, I was a bit optimistic.

Nevertheless, I think you could get something from:
- estimating the step size on the entire sample
- if 0 is inside, estimating the step size in each sub-range so there is at least one step in this range
- taking the smallest step size
which would reduce the amount of "if" tests.

Of course, not tested ;-)

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer