[Scilab-users] Lack of Scatter type plots in scilab

nec n.gulunay at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 03:06:06 CET 2016

Thank you Samuel. I somehow did not pay attention to your example first but
after seeing this message of yours I tried it, I have to admit I struggled
quite a bit but I finally made it work and got very good results using it
with data sets up to about  2100 data points (see bmp image attached) . it
was running in a few seconds.

When  I tried it  on  another data set with about 34000 data points it took
a long long time to plot the image( at least 20 minutes ???) ,  I even got
error messages occasionally about data types mismatch  in xfarcs() and other
error messages.

I will try to debug it further but do you know why plotting takes so long
when number of data appoints increased 10 fold?

Regards
Nec.