[Scilab-users] Lack of Scatter type plots in scilab

nec n.gulunay at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:44:28 CET 2016

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for letting me know about drawlater() and drawnow() functions
.I tried them and waited about 2 minutes, nothing drawn , so I restarted the
run without them.

I am sure functions are useful. But there is something not quite right
either in my code ot with the function itself  as, without them, i can see
the point(pixel) being colored like the head in a dot matrix plotter, i can
watch and follow the locations(consecutive in space in my case) being
painted on the screen.

Since I will be running these plots only a few times I don't mind waiting 20
minutes or so everytime as plots are very nice.

I am running Scilab 6... on windows 10 platform on a very powerful machine
(AMD processor with speed 3.8 Ghz with 6 cores, with 10 GB memory, 2 GB on
board video memory on Eyefinity Radeon HD 7570 video card ).

It seems 20 minutes that I mentioned previously was not even an exeguration
I won't be surprised if this run takes more than 45 minutes to an hour to
finish as I can still see it is painting the plot; I started it before I
started  writing this note to you.

If you want to check my code I can send it and the data that it uses to you
on a private email. if you send me your email address: mine is
n.gulunay at gmail.com

Regards,
Nec.