[Scilab-users] Lack of Scatter type plots in scilab

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:27:09 CET 2016

Hi Nec.,

I think you may have missed some points discussed in the thread mentioned and some of Samuel's advice.
If you are using Scilab 6, then you should use scatter(). See timer() comparisons below.

Scilab 5 using xfarcs() - plot 34,000 circles color coded:
    drawlater:    t = 92.2  (1.5 min)
    "drawnow": t = 2992.8 (50 min)

Scilab 6 using scatter() - plot 34,000 circles color coded:
     t = 4.8 s

Scilab 6 is the hands down winner.

Regards,
Rafael