[Scilab-users] Exporting graphics as non pink jpg with xinit/xend

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Nov 19 14:42:57 CET 2016

Le 19/11/2016 14:22, Jens Simon Strom a écrit :
> Thanks Rafael,
> That /is/ a working solution!  However it introduces further
> complexity and computation time rises from n to n*n/2. In my project I
> have hundreds of files to produce an animation,  and the one command
> 'plot(x,y(j,:));' in the minimal snippet represents about successive
> 10 plots in my project. I consider to go back to the flawless pdf
> export and to look for a conversion tool pdf2jpg supporting batch
> conversions.
.
It will likely be even worse: The increasing computation time is not
related to the exportation. So, changing the export format won't
unlikely avoid it. In addition, vectorial exports as PDF can be are
usually (much) slower than bitmat exports, because they have to produce
a lot of text instructions to build the file.
What takes time in the minimal sample you provided is to update the same
plot (BTW, AFAIR this has been reported as a bug for some situtions, and
may be this is already fixed in Scilab 6. To be confirmed). But there
are other strategies to do the same without step-by-step updates.
By the way, this sample might be not really representative of what you
will finally do.
Another strategy is to plot in a once all what must be finally plotted,
with a single plot() command. Hence, different colors will be ascribed
to successive curves. Afterwards, it is possible to make components
appearing step-by-step by using their .visible attribute.

HTH
Samuel Gougeon