[Scilab-users] Axis break with Scilab ?

sgougeon at free.fr sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Nov 22 17:18:02 CET 2016

Hello Antoine,

This is an interesting user case. It is quite easy to get an equivalent, even smarter,
but it depends on what is really required. here,
 * There is no overlay between the 4 curves. The technical solution would be quite specific.
 * The vertical scale is different from one y section to another one.
   IMO this is quite embarrassing (not from a technical point of view, but from a reader one. It can easily mislead the reader).
 * we don't know if the sampling step is constant for each curve, and whether it is the same from one curve to another one.

In practical, xsetech(), drawaxis(), and/or the fact that data with %nan values are skipped in plots could be used to achieve such a rendering.

Best regards
Samuel