[Scilab-users] grayplot - colorbar

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:06:52 CET 2016

Hi Wolfgang,

Please check the code below using Matplot1() function.
It was not easy to write proper code, as the help file is relatively poor for the Matplot1 function.

// START OF CODE
// plot a matrix with Matplot1
clf()
Nc= 128;   // number of colors
dxp=0:5:10;
dyp=0:5:10;
x1=min(dxp);
y1=min(dyp);
M= [64 30 2; 4 5 6; 7 8 33]  // M can have any real numbers
z1 = min(M);
z2 = max(M);
Mcol = 1+(Nc-1)*(M-z1)/(z2-z1); // scale data to colors indexes
ax = gca();//get current axes handle
ax.data_bounds = [min(dxp),min(dyp); max(dxp),max(dyp)]; //set the data_bounds
Matplot1(Mcol,[min(dxp),min(dyp), max(dxp),max(dyp)])
drawaxis(x=dxp,y=y1,dir='d',tics='v')
drawaxis(x=x1,y=dyp,dir='l',tics='v')
f = gcf();
f.color_map = jetcolormap(Nc);