[Scilab-users] ?= Axis break with Scilab

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Nov 24 19:24:29 CET 2016

Le 24/11/2016 14:09, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> Le Mercredi, Novembre 23, 2016 17:51 CET, sgougeon at free.fr a écrit:
>
>>> But anyway, with subplots, I haven't found a reliable way to get "zoom synchronization" across several  subplots...
>> This feature was broken since Scilab 5.4.0, but is repaired in Scilab 6.0-b: the zoom box can again be dragged and set over several subplots.
> Hu?
> I don't see what you mean exactly.
> I tried to play  a bit with subplots and zoom and I am stuck in the subplot I started my "drag and zoom".
> Could you tell me a bit more about this feature?
.
// After
x = linspace(0, 10, 100);
clf
subplot(2,2,1)
plot(x,cos(x))
subplot(2,2,2)
plot(x,cos(2*x))
subplot(2,2,3)
plot(x,sin(x))
subplot(2,2,4)
plot(x,sin(2*x))
// click on the zoom icon, and interactively select on both upper plots
an dy area on [-0.1, 0.6]:
// Since august (> SCilab 6.0-b2), it is now possible, as before Scilab
5.4.0). By the way, it is again possible to click out of data bounds --
so in margins -- to draw the selection rectangle (also as before 5.4.0):

// After applying this zoom, it is then possible to do the same e.g. on
both right-hand plots, for dx on -- say -- [5, 8]:

// Finally we get

Overlaying axes as in the plotyy or plotyyy demos can also be zoomed
synchronously again.

All this is impossible with 5.4.0 <= Scilab <= 6.0-b2.

Cheers
Samuel