[Scilab-users] SIP updated for Ubuntu 16.10

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:41:18 CET 2016

Dear all,

The Scilab Image Processing Toolbox 0.12.1 has been released.
It has been updated to support Ubuntu 16.10. As such, it has been
tested with the default Scilab 5.5.2 and Imagemagick 6.8.9-9 that are
packaged for this Linux distribution. These changes benefit other Unix
flavors as well.

New instructions, as well as an automation script to install
dependencies, have been updated on the website
http://siptoolbox.sf.net

If you have never installed anything from source before, you can try
running this command on Terminal:

wget -O- https://sourceforge.net/p/siptoolbox/siptoolbox/ci/master/tree/install-sip?format=raw
| sh

Your password will be asked a few times for sudo when installing dependencies.

We are in dire need of volunteers to maintain binary packages for SIP.
It is not a feasible task for me to do it on a regular basis.
Image processing is arguably the number one demand for Scilab
extensions, as can be seen in Atoms statistics. We need to invest on
this. For now, SIP can only be reliably maintained and installed from
source downloaded through Git under Linux.

Best regards,

--
Dr Ricardo Fabbri
Professor of Computer Engineering