[Scilab-users] xsetetch and xgetetch incompatible definitions of "frect"

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Nov 26 18:49:22 CET 2016

Le 26/11/2016 18:14, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> Other option for a SEP: could the optional parameters that we add to subplot be also added to "newaxes" ?
> I think it could be convenient and coherent with the way "figure()" works if we could do things like:
>
> a= newaxes(propertyname, propertyvalue)
>
> example:
>
> a=newaxes('background', color("lightgray"), box, 'on')
>
> as an equivalent to :
>
> a=newaxes()
> a.background=color("lightgray")
> a.box="on"
>
> What do you think?
.
I think that it's a much better proposal than with subplot().
But IMO features must not be duplicated: xsetech() features should then
be merged and extended only in newaxes(), not in both newaxes() and
subplot(). Duplicates lead to heavy useless code maintenance and usages
discrepancies. Very bad.

Now, newaxes() is a primitive, more complicated to extend than subplot()
that is a macro.
Anyway, the  xsetech() page should then be removed.

Samuel