[Scilab-users] Scilab control after an impossible calculation

paul.carrico at free.fr paul.carrico at free.fr
Thu Oct 6 10:51:39 CEST 2016

Hi All

I’m using Scilab as the interface between my optimizer and my finite element solver(s) and sometimes Scilab stops because of unexpected and impossible calculus (1/x with x = 0 as an example ); obviously Scilab stops (and so the optimization).

I’m wondering if it’s possible:
- To ask back Scilab a message such as “hey I crashed because you’re a fool and you’ve not anticipated an impossible calculation !!!”
- To get back Scilab control in order to avoid optimization process crash ? I’ve been thinking in affecting a cost function value at %inf for example (not elegant I recognize)

I don’t know if I’m understandable enough …

Paul