[Scilab-users] Building macros

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Oct 7 20:46:46 CEST 2016

Hello,

Le 07/10/2016 13:41, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm developing a toolbox in Scilab 5.5.0.
>
> I'm trying to build the macros in a toolbox using tbx_build_macros
> function. The macros folder has around 220 .sci functions. When I
> build the toolbox, only 128 functions are built automatically. The
> toolbox build stops here. There are many cpp functions in sci_gateway
> folder. These cpp functions are not compiled at all. There are no
> errors in the remaining .sci or cpp functions.
>
> Is there a limit to the number of functions that can be built using
> tbx_build_macros?
.
AFAIK no
Compiling a macro does not require that functions called in it exist at
the compiling time:
function test()
    my_random_function_name()
endfunction
can be compiled even before my_random_function_name() is defined.

 >When I build the toolbox, only 128 functions are built automatically.
The toolbox build stops here.
How do you get aware of this? Is there an error, with a message, or
another output information?

Despite 128 ==2^7, i don't think that t is a "magic number" with respect
to macros compilation.

With Scilab 6, only macros whose code has been modified since the
previous compilation are recompiled,
and then the related .bin files are updated. For other ones, the
existing .bin files are kept, so their former creation date is unchanged.

Regards
Samuel Gougeon