[Scilab-users] Fwd: plotxxyyy

Jens Simon Strom j.s.strom at hslmg.de
Wed Oct 12 18:16:20 CEST 2016

Hallo Frieder,
You can independently combine stack and skip of the measurement numbers
by the code below.

//Plotting measurement numbers with optional gaps and optional stacking to avoid overlapping
//Generating dummy measurement data x,y and plotting them
dx=0.5:50;// increment of x
x=cumsum(dx);
y=sind(x);
yspan=max(y)-min(y);
nM=length(x);//number of measurements
xdel();
plot(x,y,'r')
plot(x,y,'b+')

//Input parameters for plotting the measurement numbers with optional gaps and stacking to avoid overlapping
nstack=6;//maximum number of stacked measurement numbers
hstack=0.1;//height of measurement number stack (relative to span). hstack=0: no stacking independent of nstack
ybase=-1;  //base ordinate for measurement numbers
step=2;// step=1: no gap, step=2: every second measurement number, etc.

//Writing measurement numbers
M=1:step:nM;//opted measurement numbers
   for  m=1:length(M)
   xstring(x(M(m)),ybase+(modulo(M(m),nstack))*hstack*yspan/nstack,string(M(m)))
end

"How can I move the lettering above the plot (or at least to the bottom, next to the x-axis)?"
By data_bounds (see axes_properties in the help pages) you can enlarge the y-axis beyond the y data span at will.The y-level of the lettering is controlled by the input variable 'ybase' (see code above).

Kind regards
Jens

Am 12.10.2016 14:01, schrieb Frieder Nikolaisen:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I did solve the Problem with showing only 10 line numbers, by using IF.
>
> printer=1
> for  k=1:A_size(1,1)                              //Beschriftung
>      *if k>A_size(1,1)*(printer/10) then*
>      printer  =  printer  +  1
>      xstring(x(k),y3(1),string(k))
>      // xstring(x,y,str,[angle,[box]])
>      end
> set(handles.Anzeige,  'string',  'Diagrammbeschriftung'  +  string(k)  +  '  von'  +  string(A_size(1,1)))
> end
>
> The line numbering is connected to the y-axis. How can I move the lattering aboth the plot (or at least the bottom, next to the x-axis)? (attached plot: subplot_with_line_number_2_tenth.gif)
>
> About Jens help:
> I attached three plots: the stacks Picture are with the Code of Jens. Stacking is really nice, but I do not need every line number. With 921 data Points, it is already unreadable again. But thanks for your ideas, the Code is great for learningn anyway.
>
> Cheers
> Frieder
>
> On 2016-10-12 11:48, Jens Simon Strom wrote:
>
>> Hello Frieder,
>> Your plots look better now. You can avoid overlapping of measurement
>> numbers by  sawtooth stacking them. See example code below.
>> xdel();
>> //Generating dummy measurements x,y
>> dx=0.5:50;
>> x=cumsum(dx);
>> y=sind(x);
>> nM=length(x);//number of measurements
>> plot(x,y,'r')
>> plot(x,y,'b+')
>> //Plotting the measurement numbers in stacks to avoid overlapping
>> nstack=6;//number of stacked measurement numbers
>> hstack=0.2;//height of measurement number stack (relative to window height)
>> ybase=-0.9;  //base ordinate for measurement numbers
>> yspan=max(y)-min(y);
>> for  m=1:nM//measurement number
>>    xstring(x(m),ybase+(modulo(m,nstack)-1)*hstack*yspan/nstack,string(m))
>> end
>> Kind regards
>> Jens
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Am 12.10.2016 10:52, schrieb Frieder Nikolaisen:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> thank you for all the feedback and help. It's really great.
>>>
>>> I used the idea of Jens Simon Strom combined with some help from
>>> last week:
>>>
>>> //Datensätze
>>> x1  =  (A(:,1)  -  A(1,1))  *  24  *  3600;
>>> y1  =  A(:,y_1);
>>> y2  =  A(:,y_2);
>>> y3  =  A(:,y_3);
>>> drawlater()