[Scilab-users] using csvRead

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Oct 15 19:35:38 CEST 2016

Le 15/10/2016 19:16, Rafael Guerra a écrit :

> Hi Samuel,
>
> As the data is loaded by csvRead as strings in the example below (if
> processing to convert it to numeric (using evstr, tokens or other).
>
> For very large data files, this seems to be rather slow compared to
> the mfscanf or fscanfMatsolutions.
>
> What do you think?

.
AFAIK, fscanfMat() is very stiff. It can parse files only for numbers,
with no interstitial contents.
I know no benchmark comparing csvRead() + evstr() vs mfscanf(). Despite
evstr() is vectorized, you may be right. Explicit results would be
interesting.
mfscanf() requires the structure of a row been explicitly known. But
then it looks certainly the most versatile and adaptable solution to
read and split it.
csvRead() requires just to know the separator.

Samuel