[Scilab-users] scilab and "parallelization" objectives

paul.carrico at free.fr paul.carrico at free.fr
Sat Oct 22 15:11:02 CEST 2016

Thanks claus

I completely forgot this features (that I've ever tested but once only)

The first trial "works" if I focus only on the results, but as one can
see on the screenshot, a part of the message appears in the console and
the second one in the terminal (why ????).

The code is the following one for my very basic exemple (I used 2 CPU's
here because of my laptop features)

Paul

######################################################################################

mode(0)

function status=test(i, t)
    printf("function %d is launched with a pause of %g
second(s)\n",i,t);
    sleep(t*1000);
    printf("function %d is endeed\n\n",i);
    status = 0;
endfunction

// the duration is expressed in second(s)
//status = test(1,1);
//status = test(2,3);
//status = test(3,5);
//status = test(4,7);

number = [1 2]
duration = [1 3]
status = parallel_run(number,duration,"test")